Complex Care Needs
- Oregon Family to Family Health Information Center - Provides information to families who are navigating the complex world of special health care needs.
• Swindells Resource Center Brochure - Resource for parents of children with special health needs.
1. The Spirit Catches You and you Fall Down, by Anne Fadiman. Topic: Caring for children with special health care needs in a culturally aware manner.
2. The Nurture Effect, by Anthony Biglan, PhD. Topic: How the science of human behavior can improve our lives and our world.
3. Counting by 7's, by Holly Goldberg Sloan. Topic: This is an intensely moving middle grade novel about being an outsider, coping with loss, and discovering the true meaning of family.
4. Wonder, by R.J. Palacio. Topic: About a ten-year-old boy who has been born with an incredible facial abnormality.
5. Out of My Mind, by Sharon M. Draper. Topic: The story of a brilliant girl who cannot speak or write.